GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

My instruments light in 2002 Chevy Tahoe work at night but

Customer Question

My instruments light in 2002 Chevy Tahoe work at night but not during day. Replaced headlight switch module but no help. Can't find a blown fuse. That they work at night but not during day.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Chevy. The Chevy Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: If I turn the headlight switch on during light hours. The lights work but dim as they should at night. The clock and gear indicator work day or night. They dim at night as they should.
JA: It's good that it's giving you information about the problem. The Chevy Mechanic will know what to do. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Checked fuses and replaced headlight switch.
JA: Is there anything else the Chevy Mechanic should be aware of about your Chevy?
Customer: not that I know of unless you have specific questions.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chevy Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Lou P. replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** am a professional here at justanswer and i noticed your question has not been answered yet. I hope i can still assist with your issue. Keep in mind i cannot see , touch, or hear what you may be experiencing but i have the automotive knowledge to assist you in the right direction. so When you turn the lights on and mess with the dimmer wheel does it change the lighting as it should ? Check the radio and ac and window switches as well. Lou

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dimmer wheel dims/lightens dome light. Replaced this yesterday, hoping it would be a fix. All lights work at night or if I manually turn on headlights in day time. All lights except intrument lights work in daytime on auto
Expert:  Lou P. replied 1 year ago.

Ok sorry for delay. Do you have the light sensor in the middle of the dash ? It's a small bubble looking thing.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
sorry to be late, been on road
Expert:  Lou P. replied 1 year ago.

You are fine. If you want we can pick this up tomorrow.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Tomorrow is fine. Text me when you want in morningor afternoon . Be on road again between noon and 3 est. Let me know a time and I'll drop everything else.
Expert:  Lou P. replied 1 year ago.

Ok will do. I will accept the phone offer as long as it goes through and then I'll upload my info so you can let me know when you are ready and we will coordinate something.

Expert:  Lou P. replied 1 year ago.

Ok I thought you put in for a phone request. No worries. I'll message here tomorrow

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm text you whenever you want 9 or 3 est better for you ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't care to do over phone if you think better but need to get tahoe in my friend's garage, 29 degrees here in morning
Expert:  Lou P. replied 1 year ago.

We can try a few things and if it gets too much then the phone is always best. 3 would be better. I'm in Illinois so whatever time that is.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Text you then. Think you're cst. It's 11 pm here, but will text you, soon as I get off road.
Expert:  Lou P. replied 1 year ago.

Ok

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Whenever you're ready.
Expert:  Lou P. replied 1 year ago.

Sorry for the delay. Ok do you have the light sensor in the middle of your dash bear the windshield ? Looks like a little bubble

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Let's do phone
Expert:  Lou P. replied 1 year ago.

There is a issue with the phone call at the moment it keeps saying payment failed.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We can do text if that's all we can do
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can use another credit card
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Do you still need help with this here?

Let me know,thanks Pete.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Problem been solved. Thanks,
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Ok if you need anything else in the future let me know.

Thanks Pete