Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Chevy Tech -
Experience:  18+yrs experience. State Inspector and Chevy Diagnostics
18617752

2007 Chevy Silverado check engine light code p0446 changed

Customer Question

2007 Chevy Silverado check engine light code p0446 changed the solenoid months ago got it cleared 2 days ago drove over 70 miles still failed inspection what is my vast action to do now
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 9 months ago.

The Check Engine Light has not come back on since the solenoid replacement, correct?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Correct
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Since I had the code cleared
2 days ago
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 9 months ago.

Ok, great. So the correct repair should have been made if it hasn't returned by now. Getting the Readiness Monitors can be tricky. GM has provided a "Drive Cycle" procedure that should help set the Monitors more quickly and efficiently. Try to stay as close as possible to all the times, rpms and speeds listed in the procedure for best and quickest results. The EVAP Monitor will be the hardest to set. This "CAN" require the drive cycle to be performed more than once. So keep that in mind. Once you have done the drive cycle, you can have the Monitors checked for Free (except in California) at most local big-chain parts stores like AutoZone before heading back to the Inspection station. For easier viewing/printing, I've wrapped the Drive Cycle into a PDF file. Download the file here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/z0dd819xjbipznd/chev-drive.pdf?dl=0

If my answer has helped you, please help me by leaving a rating or accepting my answer so I may be credited. Rating or accepting my answer does not cost you extra. It allows me to be credited for my work. Please rate or accept. You can ask follow-up questions after you rate or accept.