Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  14 years GM dealer Technician.
14928985

02 Tahoe LT battery died now doors wont unlock or lock from

Customer Question

02 Tahoe LT battery died now doors wont unlock or lock from inside the vehicle or with key fob. Reset the key fob. Dont know what to do now
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Put a new battery in and it will die overnight like something is draining on it overnight. Dont know if the lock switch is stuck on or what
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Chevy Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Pete replied 9 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Your vehicles BCM (body control module) controls the power locks with the remote and interior locking buttons.If the BCM has an internal electrical failure this can cause issues with the battery drain here as well as the locks working with the remote or interior buttons.I have seen the BCM fail on this model quite a but in the past before needing replaced to correct this fault here.I would have a battery drain/draw test done to help locate the source of the drain then from there the fault codes checked as well to see what codes are set to see if this all leads to a faulty BCM needing replaced.

When it is replaced it has to be replaced with a new one and has to be programmed by a GM dealer with their computer in order to work in your model here properly.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete