Matt, Engineer
Experience:  Honors degree in Mechanical Engineering, worked 8 years as a Formula 1 engine engineer.
12772297

My 2010 6.6 pyro temp goes as gh as 1200 to 1300 degrees but

Customer Question

my 2010 6.6 pyro temp goes as high as 1200 to 1300 degrees but mostl of the time 400 t0 700 why and where is sensor loc thanks for help
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.

Hello

the exhaust temp sensor is usually mounted post turbo and a safe figure for continuous use is 1150 degrees with 1200 allowed intermittently

so its sounds like you may be fine to me

whats worth doing as a maintenance action though is a bottle of injector cleaner into the tank and also check that the fuel filter is clean and clear as both of these can increase exhaust temperatures

Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.

Hi

do you still need help?

Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you