Gary
Gary, Chevy Technician
Experience:  15 years GM master tech
19513769

I'm hoping you can help me with this big block chevy motor I

Customer Question

Hi my name is***** hoping you can help me with this big block chevy motor I did have the casting Number off 361959 and also on the head there is a 12999 LS what does these numbers mean??
JA: Nice car. The Chevy Mechanic can help you with your '359959 LS. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Well my company is now buying cars at Auctions and I do know the casting number of 361959 is a 454CI but I was told it's a 468CI but I want to know about the Heads so we are bring back to a Auction to sell and want to get the info right as possible !!
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: no just want to identify the motor as much as possable
JA: OK! The Chevy Mechanic will help you with the diagnostics so you are sure to get this fixed right. Are you ready to speak with the Chevy Mechanic now?
Customer: yes, I'm slow at this texting I'm I able to talk on the phone with him?
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chevy Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chevy
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
a call on phone would be better Please(###) ###-####
Expert:  Gary replied 9 months ago.

the 361959 is a 1973 - 1985 454 out of a car or a truck

with the valve cover off can you get the casting numbers off the inside of the cylinder head ?

Expert:  Gary replied 9 months ago.

how are you making out ?

if you have any questions please ask as i do not get credit for my work until you rate us here at Justanswer