Juan Crespo
Juan Crespo, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  A.S.E. Master Technician, Advanced Level, Emissions - Asian, Domestic, & European
19298667

I have a 2007 Chevy Impala equipped with keyless entry and

Customer Question

Hi.... My name is Pete
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I have a 2007 Chevy Impala equipped with keyless entry and remote start. All the buttons on the key fob work except the remote start. What might the problem? A fuse? If so, where can I find the fuse to check it?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Chevy Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Juan Crespo replied 9 months ago.

No. I don'think a fuse is involved. Was the remote vehicle start (RVS) feature working before? If so, are the batteries in the fob good? Is the vehicle hood closed correctly?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
RVS was working and suddenly stopped. I replaced the battery in the fob. I am pretty sure that the hood is closed properly as the message center on the dash is not displaying the HOOD OPEN message.

Thank you for providing that information. Those are the most common causes of the RVS not working; other than that, all is left is the chance that someone turned the function off through the Driver Information Center. If that's not it either, then we'll have to call in the big guns - namely a scan tool capable of communicating with the modules controlling RVS.

There is also a bulletin GM put out addressing poor range where the fix is to replace the Remote Control Door Lock Receiver (RCDLR) module and antenna. Based on the fact your keyless entry works, I just don't see that as being the problem in your car. Then again, I've seen GM do things like this before where they don't disclose the full purpose of these TSB's...

Please go ahead and check that remote start function on the DIC and let me know what you find.

Best Regards.