Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  14 years GM dealer Technician.
14928985

How can I get the transfer case on theunit to shift out of 4

Customer Question

how can I get the transfer case on the*****unit to shift out of 4 low?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Pete replied 10 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Is it not shifting out of 4 low with the transfer case actuator on the transfer case and using the shift buttons to shift back into 2wd or 4wd high mode?

If you are trying to shift it manually you would remove the transfer case electronic actuator on the side of the transfer case near the front driveline and then take an adjustable wrench and turn the shaft I believe counter clock wise to then shift out of 4 low.The transmission has to be shifted into neutral when this is done.If the shaft does not turn at all this can indicate a fault in the transfer case itself mechanically causing this issue and the transfer case would need either removed and taken apart for repair or removed and replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete