Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years experience with ASE Certs
7276279

I'm working on 2003 gmc 3500 6.6 won't accelerate more than

Customer Question

Hi
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I'm working on 2003 gmc 3500 6.6 won't accelerate more than 2000 rpm
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Chevy Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Chevy
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Truck was running fine but yesterday in the highway starting loosing power and I replaced fuel filter and still doing same thing I got codes for low pressure on fuel rail and won't accelerate more than 2000 rpm
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
P1093 p1094 p0089 p0087
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

The codes you have listed can be caused by any of the following,

• Fuel Injectors
  • Restricted Fuel Pump Supply Hose

In order to determine if its the injectors or a restriction you are going to need to do some testing. See the steps in the link below. Copy and paste the link to your browser to open and view it.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Injector%20Feb%2024.pdf

GM has also released a service bulletin that deals with these code which calls for replacing the injector and return line as well for these codes. See it in the link below as well.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Injector%20Bulletin%20Feb%2024.pdf
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks I'm sure that there is not any restrictions in the fuel lines specially on the one from fuel filter to the injection pump, pump is getting enough fuel, but I'm going to check the return line so you don't that injection pump or fuel pressure regulator is causing this issue
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also can you give me more details how to check vacuum on the supply line
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

I would suspect you are going to need to do as the service bulletin requests. That means replacing the line as well as the injectors. There really is not much else that will set these codes and its a known concern as well. See the test steps in the link below.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Vac%20test%20Feb%2024.pdf

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We already replaced all 8 injectors almost 2 years ago
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Well make sure you replaced them with the part number listed in the service bulletin and be sure to check the return line. There really is nothing else that will set these codes.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok I will check that today I'm going to put my fpr back I took it off yesterday but it's a expensive part and I don't think that's the problem so I'm gonna put the old one back
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

I would agree with you . I really think your going to find the injectors are the cause here.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hopefully, I let you know
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Okay, Im here everyday, post back if you need me. The question remains open as long as you need me. Please take a moment to rate my service so I can get credit for my time, the question remains open for follow up even after doing so, all you need to do is return to this question if need be.

Thank you again.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What's the engine 1 relay
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

In reference to what?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
To check fuel return engine 1 relay has to be removed
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

See the diagram in the link below, its #2 in the diagram.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Relay%20Feb%2024.pdf

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I couldn't check the fuel return line but I got the truck running again and smell like diesel inside the cabin burning my eyes
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

That sure sound like the injectors are bad to me.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How can I check my injection pump pressure
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

See the steps and specs in the link below.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Injector%20pressure%20test%20Feb%2025.pdf