Gary
Gary, Chevy Technician
Experience:  15 years GM master tech
19513769

Can worn caster camber ajusting bolt cause the caliper to

Customer Question

Can worn caster camber ajusting bolt cause the caliper to scrap the rotor on 04 chevy venture van
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Gary replied 9 months ago.

no the caliper is bolted and fixed to the knuckle spindle assembly and no matter what happens to the strut the caliper should not be effected at all just

the whole wheel assembly caliper and knuckle would be usually tipped inward or outward

if the caliper is hitting the rotor the caliper is loose or there is a rotor issue OR a loose hub/bearing assembly which when bad would cause the rotor to cock and rub the caliper is loose enough

if you have any questions please as as i do not get credit for my work until you rate us here at Justamnswer

Expert:  Gary replied 9 months ago.

how are you making out ?

if you have any questions please ask as i do not get credit for my work until you rate us here at Justanswer