Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  14 years GM dealer Technician.
14928985

I start my generator and motor runs fine and fuse is on but

Customer Question

I start my generator and motor runs fine and fuse is on but when I plug anything in it won't turn on/ run what I plug in. Is there something I may need to replace? It's a xp4400
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Pete replied 10 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

Inspect the wiring at and leading from the generator and see if any wiring damage or corrosion is found needing repaired or replaced.If a fault is found it will need corrected to resolve this issue here.if this is or has been done already and no issues have been found then the generator itself will need checked to see if it has a failed internal component like the circuit control board possibly needing replaced.This is best tested and checked by a generator repair facility to locate and correct this issue here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete