Jared D
Jared D, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Shop Supervisor at County Fleet
62275574

I HAVE A 2005 CHEVY SSR 6.0 ENGINE WITH A 100,000 MILES ON

Customer Question

I HAVE A 2005 CHEVY SSR 6.0 ENGINE WITH A 100,000 MILES ON IT AN JUST PICKED UP A NOISE IN THE ENGINE , SOUNDS LIKE A ROD KNOCK , CLICKING NOISE , I WAS TOLD IT COULD BE A TIMMING CHAIN OR OIL PUMP OR CHAIN TENSONER, DO YOU HAVE ANY WORDS OF WISDOM FOR ME TO LOOK FOR
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Jared D replied 9 months ago.

A rod knock isn't terribly common on this engine. We do see them in fairly often for stuck lifters. Would you say the noise is a low frequency tick or high frequency at an idle?

Expert:  Jared D replied 9 months ago.

Also, timing chain noises are unheard of on this engine, and it doesn't have a chain tensioner. Sounds like you have been talking to a Ford mechanic. They know all about timing chain problems.

Expert:  Jared D replied 9 months ago.

I just wanted to see if you need any additional help.

Please don't forget to rate. We don't get paid if we don't get a positive rating.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
ok will the extra information cost me ! I am paying only one time , is the extra additional help cost , no I don't think I will need any more help
Expert:  Jared D replied 9 months ago.

Just answer is a little vague in what things actually cost and what is included. Typically whatever you have paid for a deposit gets you the chance to open up dialogue with us experts. We can then ask and answer back and forth as much as you need until you get the information that you are looking for. Once you feel like you don't need any more help, you rate my answer and I get paid for my time. At this point I haven't been paid anything for this question. Anything you have paid in a deposit (just answer does not show that information to the experts) has been paid to just answer alone.

So, if you don't need any more info and would like to close out the answer, please click the rate button and I will be compensated for my time. However, I would still love to help you sort this one out, I just hadn't heard anything back from you and was wondering if maybe you no longer needed assistance.