Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

I have a 2003 chevy suburban Power steering pump went bad so

Customer Question

i have a 2003 chevy suburban Power steering pump went bad so i replaced it. all i did was push wiring aside to get the pump in. i went to start it and guess what no spark to the plugs i have power to the coils but it woun't start. i'm getting fuel
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Tim's Auto Repair replied 1 year ago.

Hi, My name is ***** ***** for the delay.

I will do my best to assist you.

did you disconnect the battery?

does the security light stay on?

did you physically check for a spark on the plug wires?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok need to get this Suburban running asap

did you disconnect the battery?

does the security light stay on?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Battery had been disconnected, security light goes out after a few seconds like it normally would and an HEI spark tester was used to look for spark at the plug...which there was none. There is both power and ground going to their respective wires at the coils. It has a new crank sensor. Hooked a noid light to the injector harness and it lights up when cranking.
Checked fuses and all were good. Swapped similar relays for starter and IGN to known working items...still no difference. Grounds are all secure and light up when tested with light.
There had been a code P1626 that hasn't reappeared after it was cleared. Still cranks fine but no start. Wondering if there is anything else security related going on to stop it from allowing it to start. Not sure if there's anything wrong with ignition switch or BCM....don't have a high dollar scanner, just the typical Actron. Helpful, but not with everything.
What else should we be looking at? Thanks, Scott
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Wires going into PCM all look undamaged too.

look at the cam sensor..make sure it isnt broken and is plugged up

if it ran before you replaced the pump,,it should now,,so it had to be where you moved the wire harness

the security would kill the fuel injector pulse,,and the security light would stay on if that was the case

heck the wiring to the cam sensor and the crank sensor

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Cam sensor connector is good and I do get a good injector pulse when observed with the noid light. It's been my understanding that if the cam sensor was bad, it wouldn't light that up.
The only wires my friend actually disturbed when changing ps pump were the 2 for the coolant temp sensor and they were repaired.

ok..

stand by,,perhaps one of the other guys has a better idea of what is going on here,,some one will be right with you

thanks

Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). Experts aren't employees / agents of Just Answer. We are independent service providers using the Site to sell their Expert knowledge to Customers. I strive to provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service, let me know what's needed from me so your pleased.

The prior tech has opted out, would you like me to help?