Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years experience with ASE Certs
7276279

I have a 2008 Silverado Ltz and this morning I notice my

Customer Question

Hello I have a 2008 Silverado Ltz and this morning I notice my floor was a little damn then I seen a few drops of water dripping out the pillar on the driver side is it coming from a backed up plugged or what
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Ron replied 9 months ago.

Hello and thank you for your question,

Dose you LTZ have the sun roof?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
it does have a sunroof
Expert:  Ron replied 9 months ago.

Okay, this leak is a known issue and GM has released a service bulletin dealing with it which calls for replacing the seal on the sun roof. I have enclosed the bulletin in the link below for your review as it very likely applies to this type of leak. Copy and paste the link below to your browser to open and view it.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Sun%20roof%20leak%20Feb%2023.pdf

Please take a moment to rate my service so I can get credit for my time, the question remains open for follow up even after doing so, all you need to do is return to this question if need be.

Thank you again.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
its not from the hoes being clogged up. Im judt truing to figure out how its getting the floor wet if the seal sround the glass. It seem
Like it woukd leak from the roof instead of down the driver side pillar as seen in the picture im about to send
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Here is the picture
Expert:  Ron replied 9 months ago.

It may be a clogged drain but its just as likely the seal. the floor is getting wet from the drip for the leak. The water can build up on the head liner and run either way. The drains can be checked at the same time the seal is checked. The seal is a common know cause.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Ok well i have to tske this to an chevy dealer to get checked?
Expert:  Ron replied 9 months ago.

Any good repair shop can do this repair unless you prefer the dealer.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Ok sounds good
Expert:  Ron replied 9 months ago.

Your very welcome and thank you as well. Please take a moment to rate my service so I can get credit for my time, the question remains open for follow up even after doing so, all you need to do is return to this question if need be.

Thank you again.