Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years experience with ASE Certs
7276279

Jay,
, I own a 2008 Chevy Trail Blazer LT. The alarm

Customer Question

Jay,
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I own a 2008 Chevy Trail Blazer LT. The alarm seems to have stopped working. When I press the RKE lock twice to lock the doors and set the alarm the horn does not sound but , the doors all lock and the lights flash.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Chevy Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Chevy
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Sorry, but I did not get to finish with my issue. The RKE now only locks the doors and flashes the lights as it should, however the horn does not sound. I also tried the "panic" button" and the horn still did not sound. The horn does work when I press the horn from the steering wheel. Is there a reset for the alarm?
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Also I have changed the battery in the RKE.
Expert:  Ron replied 12 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

In order to be able to determine what is causing the problem you are having with your alarm system the first hing you are going to need to so is to have the system scanned to see what the fault code and or codes are that should be setting when the system fails. If you can get this done and post back with the results I will try and help you determine the cause.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Ron,
Thanks. I am getting ready to leave town and may not be able to get back to this for a couple of weeks.
Malcolm
Expert:  Ron replied 12 months ago.

No Problem Malcolm, Im here when your ready.