GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

My husband just put new brake shoes on it Friday night and

Customer Question

My husband just put new brake shoes on it Friday night and I've driven it a short distance..He went out to drive it and it is stuck on 4 lo. help?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Chevy. The Chevy Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Like I said, the car drove fine until just now. Went out to go to town, and all the lights lit up like usual but then the only light that stays on is 4 low. It's usually in***** It's a 1003 Trailblazer LS
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: We've tried turning it off and cranking it again. I've tried slowly changing the dial on each setting and it will light up those lights too but in the end it just stays in 4 lo
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Chevy Mechanic should know about your Chevy?
Customer: nope. its done great for me since I got it last august
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chevy Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 9 months ago.

Hi. Have you tried putting the truck in neutral and with your foot on the brake, then changing to 2wd?