sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

I have a 2004 Chevy Duramax 6.6 2500HD 4X4 and service air

Customer Question

I have a 2004 Chevy Duramax 6.6 2500HD 4X4 and service air bag light is on
Category: Chevy
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

There are many things that will turn the airbag light on. The airbag light will illuminate when either the airbag module isn't communicating or it has seen an issue somewhere in the system and set a fault code.

Possible causes for the airbag light include the module itself, a loss of power or ground to it, the airbags themselves, impact sensors, occupant classification issues, seatbelt pretensioners, the clockspring in the steering column, wiring and connections with any of the components.

The first step in diagnosing the problem will be to use a capable scan tool to see what fault codes are setting in the airbag module and then electrical testing will need to be done from there.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have as scan tool was wondering if I could talk to you on the phone to help trouble shoot the problem

Unfortunately I'm unable to talk on the phone.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can you talk through text I'm not at my truck but should be back around 5:00 est

Yes, I can continue to communicate here and will respond as soon as possible if I am offline when you reply.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will get back in touch with you around 4:30 5:00 o'clock

Great!