GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

14 2500 duramax 4x4 only 10k miles and at around 5k the

Customer Question

14 2500 duramax 4x4 only 10k miles and at around 5k the traction control light came on and says service traction control/stabilitrack. 4x4 works but the indicator dosent come on.its not easy for me to take it to the dealer and get a ride home and it would be great if it was something simple i could do.
JA: It's good that it's giving you information about the problem. The Chevy Mechanic will know what to do. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: if i can, like i said its difficult to get it to the dealer and get back home
JA: Is there anything else the Chevy Mechanic should be aware of about your Chevy?
Customer: not that i can think of
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chevy Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Jeromy Madison replied 9 months ago.

I understand it is difficult to get to the dealer, but with a scan tool or the codes it would be really hard to diagnose this issue.