Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Chevy Tech -
Experience:  18+yrs experience. State Inspector and Chevy Diagnostics
18617752

I have an P054 code on my 08 Chevy avalanche, I had the evap

Customer Question

I have an P054 code on my 08 Chevy avalanche, I had the evap sensor replaced drove it for 2 days and the engine light came back on. What else can i try?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Chevy. The Chevy Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: nothing the truck runs fine! need to get that engine light out!
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Posswibly
JA: Huh?
Customer: Possibly
JA: Is there anything else the Chevy Mechanic should be aware of about your Chevy?
Customer: Its an chevy avalanche LTZ???
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chevy Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 9 months ago.

P054 is not a valid code for this vehicle. Can you double-check this code for me?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Sorry its p0454
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 9 months ago.

Ok, great. And which EVAP Sensor did you have replaced?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 9 months ago.

Ok... which sensor? There are dozens of sensors in the EVAP System. Do you know the location of the sensor that was replaced? Or the name?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Just a minute
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 9 months ago.

Ok...

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
The Evap control system pressure switch
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Do not know location
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 9 months ago.

Ok. The P0545 is a fairly straight forward code that points to a problem with the Fuel Tank Pressure Sensor. This sensor is located at the top of the fuel tank, mounted to the Fuel Pump Assembly. To gain the proper access, the fuel tank will need to be removed from the vehicle. Carefully inspect the electrical connector and wire harness for any loose, broken or damaged wires (inspect carefully, rubbed-through wires are common here!). If the wire harness checks ok, make sure the EVAP Canister is not clogged, and there are no problems in the lines from the canister like clogs, cracks or holes. If the visual inspections check ok, replacing the Fuel Tank Pressure Sensor should solve this problem. If my answer has helped you, please help me by leaving a rating or accepting my answer so I may be credited. Rating or accepting my answer does not cost you extra. It allows me to be credited for my work. Please rate or accept. You can ask follow-up questions after you rate or accept.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Ok give me couple minutes to chevk out
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 9 months ago.

Sounds good. Please remember to leave a rating!

Expert:  Ron Z. replied 9 months ago.

Hi! I noticed this thread was still open and wanted to check in and see how you made out? Was there anything else I could do for you on this issue? Any other questions you had?