Gary
Gary, Chevy Technician
Experience:  15 years GM master tech
19513769

I was talking to ***** ***** but lost connection when paying

Customer Question

i was talking to ***** ***** but lost connection when paying
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: 2002 trailblazer won't start. for the past 6 months , i would put the key in, turn the switch and sometimes it would start after 1, 2 or even ten times. Lights everything is fine. However yesterday it would not start at all. Could it be the starter or ignition switch?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Chevy Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Gary replied 9 months ago.

I am sorry for the long wait

these are usually bad ignition switches or starters or starter relays causing this issue

when it would not crank over if it will not crank now if you put your fingers on the starter relay do you feel that relay click with your fingers when the key is held to crank position when it will not crank over ?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
i have an aftermarket alarm on the car. should i have it removed as well. i have heard that they can cause problems.is it possible to narrow the repair to the starter or the ignition switch.
Expert:  Gary replied 9 months ago.

yes anything aftermarket should be removed first and see if it still acts up

yes if you can feel the relay like i said or see if the fuse called CRANK shows 12 volts when you hold the key to crank position when it will not crank over

Expert:  Gary replied 9 months ago.

how are you making out ?

if you have any questions please ask as i do not get credit for my work until you rate us here at Justanswer