Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

My van won't start. Replaced ignition switch and actual key

Customer Question

My van won't start. Replaced ignition switch and actual key cylinder. Any suggestions
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Daniel Wilson replied 9 months ago.

Hi Jason, My name is***** will be glad to try to help. Will the starter turn over the engine but the engine will not run or does it not do anything when trying to start? Is there power to the small S terminal wire at the starter solenoid with the key switch in the cranking position? If there is and the battery and cable connections are good but the starter does not crank over you have a bad starter. If there is no power there the problem is between the key switch and starter. Let me know

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
It won't turn over or do anything
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
It was running fine and then nothing. If I cut it on and off a few times it might start for a second and cut off

Is there power to the S terminal when testing with a test light and key in the crank position?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Starter will turn over every once in awhile
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
It's something to do with the pass key stuff of vats
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Power to dash and security light is on and then goes off
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
What is this part called

I will have to continue when my 6 year old daughter is in bed later tonight. I need to get us dinner, etc. We can post as needed. If that works for you let me know. If not I will opt out and maybe someone else can pick up from here

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I am not paying for you to opt out. If that means you don't get paid that's fine
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
The money has already came from Paypal. If they pay you I'm filing a claim. I didn't get an answer to my problem

Hi? Your deposit sits with the site.Experts dont get paid unless they are rated with positive feedback or accepted answers.... This is not my full time job.... I have a repair business... It is a sunday and I had dinner with my family... I log in as I am able. If you need immediate help then I offered to opt out... I got paid nothing from you.... The site has your deposit until you leave positive feedback and then the expert gets only a percentage

I am going to opt out... There are a lot of other experts that might have more time than I at the moment. My daughter needs my attention and I wont be able to focus on looking up info until after shes in bed

Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 9 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). Experts aren't employees / agents of Just Answer. We are independent service providers using the Site to sell their Expert knowledge to Customers. I strive to provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service, let me know what's needed from me so your pleased.

The previous tech has opted out, would you like me to help.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
No thanks. I've filed a complaint and will just get a local tech to help out. I know it has something to do with the pass key system or something to do with security

Okay, best of luck. If you change your mind, I am here and will try to help you get this resolved.