Gary
Gary, Chevy Technician
Experience:  15 years GM master tech
19513769

My name is ***** *****, I have a Tahoe 2009. battery drains

Customer Question

My name is ***** *****, I have a Tahoe 2009. battery drains when Tahoe has benn parked for 3 o 4 days.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Battery is a BOSCH. Brand new and the problem continues
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Chevy Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Gary replied 9 months ago.

I am sorry your having this problem'what has to be done and is somewhat time consuming is a draw test needs to be done to see if its drawing over 50 MA

the odds are it will be then one fuse is pulled at a time until the draw goes down below that spec and what ever is on that fuse is causing the draw

we have seen radios and BCM's and dash clusters being the big problem with these causing this kind of draw

with a new battery and i am assuming the charging system tests good that is the direction you need to go next i am sorry to say

if you have any questions please ask as i do mot get credit for my work until you rate us here at Justanswer

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
OK tsk, i will do the draw test and I let you know if it is the cause
Expert:  Gary replied 9 months ago.

sure thing

Expert:  Gary replied 9 months ago.

how are you making out ?