Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Gm r u special on chevy 3500hd 6.5l?

Customer Question

hi gm r u special on chevy 3500hd 6.5l?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Gary replied 9 months ago.

what is the problem you are having ?

what has been done so far to correct this issue ?

was anything done to where now its doing this ?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
One day my truck won't start,got it towed, and got PMD ,Glow plus, fuel filter ,don't start , off course I checked return line ,lift pump fine checked T fuel line runs good no air ,it looks like it wants to start but it don't , there is smoke so that was telling me fuel is getting to the piston, finally I cheng ed crank sensor, same result, check fuel shoot sensor it's fine but replace it same with LP, same result , put 2 new battery check all conception behind full filter and computer no corrosion same result finally replaced the Injection Pump same result, the computer semester fine bcs I have the wait to start light and at first I had code 0251 and 0370 once I clear it ,I don't have it again, I am a mechanic for seim trucks to but I don't know where to go from here need help tnx
Expert:  Gary replied 9 months ago.

if you remove a fuel line of any injector and crank it over will fuel come out ?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Have you received my txt sir?
Expert:  Gary replied 9 months ago.

yes i did

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Before I changed the LP and finally I PUMP yesterday yes I did and there was fuel but I thought maybe is not enough, after I consult one guy from fuel shop I decided to replace them and I did not checked yesterday because LP is new IP new fuel is coming from return line and it's just doing same thing before I did all those things
Expert:  Gary replied 9 months ago.

has the injection pump been replaced ?

is there fuel at a feed line at any injector when cranking it over ?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
sir I replaced IPUMP yesterday and fuel is getting to it and fuel is coming from return line on front top of z INJECTOR pump
Expert:  Gary replied 9 months ago.

the return should not have fuel pressure at it at the feed pressure line at the pump what do you have for fuel pressure ?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I did not checked it with pressure tester but I don't think it's abnormal it's good flow and no air plus z INJECTOR pump I just put it yesterday so I don't think it has a problem, or what you thinking
Expert:  Gary replied 9 months ago.

we need to see if there is 4 psi of fuel pressure at the pump

also with the key ON is the check engine light lit up in the dash ?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
sir check engine lights up and when you crank it turns off, my full line to z tune is clear no obstruction, and the Old Lift pump was ok but to eleminate the dough I replaced New LP, pressure must be ok and new filter and took the filter housing and clean it and checked the house and clumps
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Gary u couldn't thing of something?
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 9 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). Experts aren't employees / agents of Just Answer. We are independent service providers using the Site to sell their Expert knowledge to Customers. I strive to provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service, let me know what's needed from me so your pleased.

The previous tech has opted out, would you like me to help?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
sir ,I run out of ideas about my truck ,I need help

Do you have a scan tool that will show fuel pressure desired and actual?

Have you checked the compression?

IS the theft light on or flashing when trying to start?

Check voltage on fuses: IGNE, IGN0, ECM1, with engine cranking. Are they over 10 volts?

After cranking 15 seconds with the fuel return lines off, is each bank returning less than 12 mL?

Thanks for asking your question and letting me try to help you.

If your confused on why or how to rate me, let me know.

I'm only paid from the deposit you've made when you rate 3,4, or 5 stars.

Follow up/Reply as many times as needed before or after rating.