GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

My name is ***** ***** and I have issue with the Tractin

Customer Question

My name is ***** ***** and I have issue with the Tractin control turning off by itself and not going back on. It also seems to be related to my brakes staying on. Only twice has it put my truck in reduce power mode months apart. My truck is a 2007 gmc Sierra crew cab 4.8 v8
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: It happens after about 10 minutes of driving. I'm not having in hard shifts. I also recently replaced the brake senor on the brake pedal.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Chevy Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Reggie Whiddon replied 9 months ago.

Hello have you had your. Truck scanned for codes? If not we need to do that. Any of the Powertrain systems or chassis systems that have a malfunction Wil disable traction control. You say you think it's related to your brakes sticking?