BOBBYSS
BOBBYSS, Master Technician
Experience:  ASE MASTER CERTIFIED, AA DEGREE AUTO/DIESEL TECH
1627031

97 astro 4.3 ... My name is ***** ***** Running great

Customer Question

97 astro 4.3 ... My name is ***** *****
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Running great stopped at intersection waiting for the light & the 4.3 stopped running ... Will crank no fire
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Chevy Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Chevy
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Replaced fuel pump fuel filter fuel line
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
New fuel pump relay
Expert:  BOBBYSS replied 9 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** you for the question. Can you tell me if you hear a buzzing from the fuel pump when the key is turned on? Have you checked for spark?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
the fuel pump is buzzing no haven't checked for spark
Expert:  BOBBYSS replied 9 months ago.

Thank you. It sounds like you may be lacking spark. To check for spark you need to remove one of the plug wires from one of the plugs. Take a screwdriver and put it into the plug wire. Hold the handle of the screwdriver and place part of the metal about 1/4" from a metal part on the engine. Have someone crank the engine see if you see a spark. If not then it may be a bad ignition control module.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Okay thanks Bobby I'll check for spark Monday morning .... Thanks I'll be in touch with you Monday get you an update ... Thanks much have a great night.
Expert:  BOBBYSS replied 9 months ago.

Sounds good. Let me know what you find. Have a great rest of your weekend.