BOBBYSS
BOBBYSS, Master Technician
Experience:  ASE MASTER CERTIFIED, AA DEGREE AUTO/DIESEL TECH
1627031

Replaced two brake lines going to master and now I can not

Customer Question

replaced two brake lines going to master and now I can not get front brakes to bleed
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: 2005 chevy silvarado 2500 6.6 duramax. lineup to master cyls came from abs unit
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Chevy Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Chevy
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
still waiting on someone to answer....
Expert:  BOBBYSS replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is Bobby. Thank you for the question. Can you tell me if you get any fluid from the front bleeders at any point?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Very little
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I replaced the two lines going from MC TO THAT LITTLE BLOCK UNDER TRUCK
Expert:  BOBBYSS replied 1 year ago.

Thank you. If the brake fluid was low enough then air is more than likely trapped in the ABS module. When this occurs it is very hard to get the air out. You actually need to have a scan tool that can manually open and close the valves in the ABS module to get the air out. It is also possible that one of the lines you installed it kinked or has an internal imperfection.