Roy
Roy, import/domestic specialest
Experience:  ASE master tech for 40 years
3506196

Im working on an engine swap on a 1998 s10 blazer 4x4 4.3l.

Customer Question

Im working on an engine swap on a 1998 s10 blazer 4x4 4.3l. I got everything back in and went to turn over the engine and got nothing, no lights no power nothing. after fiddling with the fuse box I got it started. I had to take the head off due to another problem but after reasimbling it Im blowing ecm1 fuses left and right. Ive unplugged just about every sensor it runs to, removed 80% of the lume to check for bear wires and am still blowing fuses. last thing is the ignition as far as i can tell.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Roy replied 1 year ago.

good afternoon my name is ***** ***** I will assist

the key here is the fuse box. the fact you had to mess with that to get it going is a clue. it may be damaged underneath where the connectors are. have you unbolted it and looked underneath??? I am going to check on what is on the ecm1 circuit

Roy

Expert:  Roy replied 1 year ago.

check the diagram for what is on the circuit

Roy

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I cant tell that it is damaged, at least not visually. I have an ome meter just not sure where to test for a good conclusion.
Expert:  Roy replied 1 year ago.

forget an ohm meter. you need a volt and amp meter. check the components involved with the diagram I sent you disconnect them and see if it still blows. if it does, it is wiring or the box. if it does not then it is a failed component that you just hooked up

Roy

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I may be missing it but Im not seeing a diagram. lol
Expert:  Roy replied 1 year ago.

I will resend open the blue link

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
alright so with the wiring harness detached there is no fuse being blown.so back to the harness any suggestions on how I should go about that?
Expert:  Roy replied 1 year ago.

detached from where??? the engine or the fuse block???

Roy

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Im pretty sure ive detached everything from the sensors, it blew another fuse shortly after that. I unplugged from the fuse box, flipped the key no blown fuse, Im feeling a bad wiring harness might be it. Would you know the part number for that ecm1 harness? Ive looked everywhere and cant find it.
Expert:  Roy replied 1 year ago.

I agree. it does sound like a shorted harness. no I am not a parts person. I would rely on a deaer parts department to get that info for you. there are on line wire harness companies but I am 0 for 3 in getting the correct parts

Roy

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok Ill give the dealer a call tomorrow and see what they can dig up. Ill let you know what happens from there.
Expert:  Roy replied 1 year ago.

ok

please dont forget to rate me as it is the only way I get paid for my ansers

Roy