Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

I am ***** ***** 04 malibu when in drive t/c with a /

Customer Question

hi i am ***** ***** 04 malibu when in drive t/c with a / through it is on. TAKE OFF is very slow pulling. Shifts out one time and then sounds like it needs to shift rpms are higher than normal.If you are headed up hill and let of gas you will get run over. Sounds like you are spinning out until it catches up. WOULD NEEDING BRAKE PADS BADLY mess up a sensor of some kind?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I have been needing to change pads and possible rotors now but I know that the traction control is for controling spin out in wet conditions . The only other thing is I have hit some pretty good pot holes lately in the front and rear passenger side.My family and I own a Used cars Lot for 45 Yrs this new stuff is so different But I feel that the transmission is controlled through this t/c deal and the braking system is apart of this too RIGHT?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Chevy Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). Experts aren't employees / agents of Just Answer. We are independent service providers using the Site to sell their Expert knowledge to Customers. I strive to provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service, let me know what's needed from me so your pleased.

Do you have the means to scan it and see which codes are stored?

Can you check the transaxle oil and describe the color and odor?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Chris Yes I do have an OBD scanner and I will do just that but my check engine lite (which I forgot was on) has
been on for months now. but I will scan it later on this morning along with checking out the fluids But its been a long evening so peace out for now til i report

Thanks for the update.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no thanks

What are you responding to with no thanks?

I like to stay in contact with my customers. I assume you were not pleased with me or my answer since you did not rate it leaving me feedback. Just so you know we can still work on this issue. We can pick up where we left off or start over. I hate you paid all that money for your question deposit and have left not satisfied. Would any diagrams or repair guides or a phone call help?.

Thanks Chris