Juan Crespo
Juan Crespo, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  A.S.E. Master Technician, Advanced Level, Emissions - Asian, Domestic, & European
19298667

Was throwing knock sensor code po332 which is bank 2. i

Customer Question

was throwing knock sensor code po332 which is bank 2. i replaced KS 1 and 2 and installed new harness. cleared the code an drove it last night and now its throwing codes PO332 & PO327 which is circuit low to bank 1 and 2
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Chevy. The Chevy Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: I tested the ohms and the mV through the knock sensors
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Chevy Mechanic should know about your Chevy?
Customer: no. everything is stock. the PO332 has been on for about a year and a half and I just finally decided to tear into it to replace them. so idk if maybe the time could have messed up the pcm\
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chevy Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Juan Crespo replied 9 months ago.

Hi there. Welcome to our site!

What would we be working on? Make, model, engine size, fuel type, auto or stick, 2 or WD?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
05 chevy Silverado 5.3 gas auto 4wd
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
1500
Customer: replied 9 months ago.

I'm working on it, my friend. Please give me a couple of minutes...

OK. Thanks for that and for all the details on your original post - you're the kind of customer us experts like to work with.

Seeing that you have already done everything you could do on the sensor side of things, there are only a few other possibilities left, most prominent being the PCM pulling the trigger a little too soon because it needs recalibration, or an actual engine noise triggering the sensor signal (the latter, most likely cold-start piston slap).

I'm going to ask you to play doctor with your truck. This is what I need you to do; first, go to a parts store and get yourself a Mechanic's Stethoscope. Wait for the following morning and safely put that 'scope right up to the block so it won't move when a helper starts the engine. If you hear those pistons slap, you've found the cause. If there is no engine noise, then the PCM needs to be re-calibrated.

Best Regards.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
after I replaced and was driving it last night, it three the code after maybe 30 miles of driving
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
replaced the knock sensors*

Well, looks like your posting speed is much faster than mine.

The reason I recommend the 'scope test on cold-start is because any potential engine noises will be exacerbated.

Best Regards.