Tim's Auto Repair
Tim's Auto Repair, mechanic
Experience:  Have owned a repair shop for 25 yrs.
14541291

I have a 96 Chevy k2500 suburban 6.5 td that won't start

Customer Question

I have a 96 Chevy k2500 suburban 6.5 td that won't start after replacing the fuel filter. I've tried purging the air. but no fuel comes out from the bleeder on top of the filter. also the lift pump is running.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: so my truck won't start
JA: OK got it. Last thing — GMC Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Tim's Auto Repair replied 1 year ago.

Hi, My name is ***** ***** for the delay.

I will do my best to assist you

if it ran before you replaced the filter it should run now,,it must still have air in the system.

BLEEDING AIR FROM FUEL SUPPLY SYSTEM 1. Open the air bleed valve on top of the fuel manager/filter. 2. Connect a hose to the air bleed valve located on top of the fuel manager/filter and place the other end of the hose into a suitable container. 3. Remove F/SOL fuse from fuse panel. 4. Crank the engine in 10 to 15 second intervals until clear fuel is observed at the air bleed hose (wait for one minute between cranking intervals). 5. Close the air bleed valve. 6. Install F/SOL fuse in fuse panel. 7. Start the engine and allow to run for five minutes at idle. 8. Check for fuel leaks.