Tim's Auto Repair
Tim's Auto Repair, mechanic
Experience:  Have owned a repair shop for 25 yrs.
14541291

Have an 05 cavalier and have installed new Exedy clutch kit

Customer Question

Have an 05 cavalier and have installed new Exedy clutch kit with a new slave cylinder. Started to bleed clutch with vacuum pump and noticed fluid leaking out of the bell housing. Took transaxle back out and saw that the new slave was seized up. Installed new one and decide to bleed clutch manually and heard a POP and again brake fluid leakin out of the bell housing. Followed with the pedal to the floor. Trying to get some insight and some info, the dealership won't help unless I bring it in.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Tim's Auto Repair replied 9 months ago.

Hi, My name is ***** ***** for the delay.

I will do my best to assist you

it would seem you are in a bad batch of new slave cylinders..they should not bust this easily .

try a different brand

PLEASE COPY AND PASTE the link below to your browser, I have uploaded more info on this there please copy and paste the link below to your main browser[INTERNET EXPLORER or FIREFOX]

.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/df4woljtgopt4oa/0218-cavalier-Removal%20Procedure.doc?dl=0

.

if the link doesn’t work that way, try it this way

thanks

.

www.dropbox.com/s/df4woljtgopt4oa/0218-cavalier-Removal%20Procedure.doc?dl=0

.

If you are satisfied with my answer, Please Rate my answer by clicking the rating button so I can get credit for my work. I’m not always going to be giving you good news, so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer. .it does not cost you more money and we will still be able to communicate, ,.please understand, i can not see, hear or touch the vehicle and only know what you tell me. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated.. if you are not satisfied with my answer, please do not leave bad feed back ,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question. .if i have sent any diagrams, please print them. .sometimes you may need to right click the image [,then save picture as]to save it to your computer so you can open it with your picture program...Please ask if you need more help