GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

Changed distributor in 350, now no electric from key to

Customer Question

changed distributor in 350, now no electric from key to starter
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Chevy. The Chevy Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: before I changed dist. starter would tune engine but would not fire, now I cannot get anything when turning key on to start. seems like key will not engage starter
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: checked all wiring from dist. since that was all we touched. Can get hot lead to dist.and to alternator . Have crossed starter and does crank motor from their but not start.
JA: Is there anything else the Chevy Mechanic should be aware of about your Chevy?
Customer: nothing I am aware of. like I said, figured problem was with dist for not starting, changed with everything new, now nothing when key is turned to start
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chevy Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Super Mechanic replied 9 months ago.

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** you for visiting the site.

.

What is the year and model of it please?