rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975
12769047

The roller on the driver side door roller ng pin is breaking

Customer Question

Hello, my name is***** roller on the driver side door roller hing pin is breaking off. I know it needs to be replaced, but I can not find that part anywhere. The only option seems to be replacing the entire hinge, which is welded on.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: This is on a 98 blazer. The bushings are worn as well and the door is sagging just a bit as well. What other details are you looking for?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Chevy Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 9 months ago.

Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.
I have been in this business since 1975 and also teach automotive repair. I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please understand that I don't know your skill level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. Please be patient!
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you through it.

You're right, that's a horrible design, and your best bet would be to have a body shop do this for you.

Thanks, Ron