Juan Crespo
Juan Crespo, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  A.S.E. Master Technician, Advanced Level, Emissions - Asian, Domestic, & European
19298667

, ok I want to know is there 2 different bcm 2002 chevy

Customer Question

hello
JA: Hi. What is your issue regarding?
Customer: ok I want to know is there 2 different bcm for the 2002 chevy Tahoe Lt
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Chevy. The Chevy Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: my 4x4 drive don't wont to change back to 2hi on my 02' chevy Tahoe i have already change selector switch and shift acutor
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: selector switch and shift actuator
JA: Is there anything else the Chevy Mechanic should be aware of about your Chevy?
Customer: the battery drains over night
JA: Lots of things can cause problems with the battery. The Chevy Mechanic will know what to do. OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chevy Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chevy
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
i have a 2002 chevy Tahoe LT 4x4 5.3L flex fuel can i used a bcm out of a 2002 Tahoe LS 2wd or a 2002 chevy Tahoe LT 2wd
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
i was wonder can i just have my original bcm just flash over or there's a problem with it so i cant used it
Expert:  Juan Crespo replied 9 months ago.

Hi there. Welcome to our site!

Please don't be confused with what I'm going to ask you next - it's just that we never know what's on a customer's mind when they post a request.

Do you just want to know how to check your BCM to see if it's bad and also find out if you can use a different BCM from A 2WD Tahoe, or do you want help diagnosing why your 2002 Tahoe 4X4 won't shift back to 2HI?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
both question and i wonder if i can take the bcm from a 2wd and have it reprogrammed for 4wd
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
or can i just have my original bcm flash over and reused again

OK. The first question was a two-parter; the answers are...

First part - Yes. You can test your BCM to see if it's good or bad - you'll need a TechII scan tool to do it

Second part - No. BCM's are made to fit specific applications and are programmed to the VIN

Now, for the second question; the reason it won't shift from HI is because the shift motor is probably stuck; tap on it with a hammer to see if it frees up. Replace it if it doesn't.

Regarding your own BCM, yes, you can have it reprogrammed and use it again if you wish. Just keep in mind doing that won't fix the stuck shift motor.

Please let me know if you have any other questions for me at this time. If not, kindly accept and rate my answer now.

Best Regards.