Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years experience with ASE Certs
7276279

Diesel fuel in oil

Customer Question

Diesel fuel in oil
Category: Chevy
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Ron replied 9 months ago.

Hello and thank you for your question,

In most cases diesel fuel in the oil is caused by either leaking injectors or the return lines are leaking. Start first with removing valve covers to check for any leak on the return lines. If no leaks are found with the return lines , then replace all the injectors. They are very common to crack and leak into the engine. Unfortunately there really i is no good way to determine which injector it is leaking , so it common practice to go ahead and replace them all which should solve the problem.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
To replace Injectors does the rocker boxes need to be removed
Expert:  Ron replied 9 months ago.

If you calling the rocker box the valve covers then yes. See the enclosed steps in the link below. Copy and paste the link to your browser to open and view the steps. Have look and post if you have and or need more help. Please take a moment to rate my service so I can get credit for my time, the question remains open for follow up even after doing so, all you need to do is return to this question if need be.

Thank you again.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Injectors%20Feb%2015.pdf