Juan Crespo
Juan Crespo, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  A.S.E. Master Technician, Advanced Level, Emissions - Asian, Domestic, & European
19298667

I'm ***** ***** and my 1999 suburban just quit running as i

Customer Question

Hi I'm ***** ***** and my 1999 suburban just quit running as i was going 60 down the road yesterday. Acted like it ran out of gas but i had gas and the gas pump seems to be working. My son said it may be the cam or crank position sensor but i'm not sure how to figure that out
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: it acts like it wants to start but kind of kicks back while your turning it over
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Chevy Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Juan Crespo replied 9 months ago.

Hi there. Welcome to our site!

Well, I wouldn't want to get between a father and a son, but I think I'll take the father's side on this one ;-).

Anyways, what size engine are we working with? 2 or 4WD? Auto or stick? Gasoline or diesel?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
5.7L and 4x4 with automatic and gas

Thank you. I'll be back in a bit with the diagnostic procedure.

Well, I had previously come across an article on how to diagnose the fuel pump that's much better put together than anything I, a technician, could do. Click here for that article. I just want you to remember that I'll still be here if you need me to answr any questions you may have.

Best Regards.