Gary
Gary, Chevy Technician
Experience:  15 years GM master tech
19513769

How to fix Problem with rear wheel speed sensor on my 94

Customer Question

How to fix Problem with rear wheel speed sensor on my 94 camaro? Front brakes work fine. However rear brakes don't work at all.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.

rear drum or disc brakes ?

the rear brakes do not work how so ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sense the abs inoot light and brake light has been on. I went to get my emisions for this year and when they put it on the dino the rear wheels do not stop. A couple of repair shops say they still should work with abs light on. However I have been driving and you know can tell that only the front brakes have been stopping the car.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Abs inoot light sorry
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Abs inopt
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.

does this car have rear drums or rear disc brakes ?

they are correct even with the ABS light on the rear brakes should still work correctly unless the ABS assembly is bad

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I recently changed a tire I'm not sure if it was the front or back but I did notice some type of wire connection. That may have been loose or in attached.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Would I have to replace the whole abs assembly.
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.

the rear brakes should work no matter what is happening with the ABS

if the rear brakes are not working you need to first see if there is good fluid pressure to both rear wheels

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Tried blessing back and front brakes, front brake bleed fine but back does not at all even with full fluid in master cylinder. Checked and nothing apparently in brake line.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Bleading
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.

ok if NO fluid is going to the back wheels the odds are the ABS assembly is bad causing this problem

open BOTH brake lines into the ABS unit that come FROM the master cylinder push down on the brake pedal is BOTH lines shoot out brake fluid then the ABS unit needs to be changed

if only ONE line from the master shoots out brake fluid then the master cylinder is bad

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If been told that if the speed sensor is malfunctioning that it will not read the back wheels are moving and make them inopt
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.

that is not true at all

the speed sensor will NOT stop fluid from flowing to the rear wheels

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
is there no speed sensor at all for the rear brakes. And would that cause a bad master cylinder cause just the front brakes to work.
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.

a bad master cylinderr a bad ABS unit will cause this issue you are having

Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.

if you have any questions please ask as i do not get credit for my work until you rate us here at justanswer

Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.

how are you making out ?