Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database
17871496

The air bag light came on today "after"(?) have a recall job

Customer Question

The air bag light came on today "after"(?) have a recall job on the front seatbelt tensioner brackets for my 2011 Malibu LS 2.4L 4 cyl. The code that came up is B1000 (dealer says "in system for internal fault in SDM.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Chevy. The Chevy Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Just trying to find the least expensive route.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Chevy Mechanic should know about your Chevy?
Customer: Mileage is 94,000 + if that helps.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chevy Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** is correct, the module costs around $400 and it is about a hour labor to install so around $500 total. You can buy module yourself on ebay for around $100 which will save you $300. Here is a link to buy module, let me know if you have more questions. Thanks.

-

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-OEM-Air-Bag-Airbag-Module-Fits-2011-2012-Chevrolet-Malibu-/322003086619?hash=item4af8e12d1b:g:l00AAOSwG-1WuT-k&vxp=mtr

-