Mike S.
Mike S., Chevy Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Certified Master Technician
20625509

There are two types of flexplate bolts app which ones do i

Customer Question

there are two types of flexplate bolts for this app which ones do i use last 8 of vin 81103750
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Chevy. The Chevy Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: the flex plate is bad there are bolts from gm one uses sealer one uses a special washer the parts dept cant answer what is right
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: i am ready to put the flexplate back on got a new gm flexplate and i need new bolts check tsb 08-06-01-023c
JA: Is there anything else the Chevy Mechanic should be aware of about your Chevy?
Customer: it has a 4.8 liter
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chevy Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Mike S. replied 1 year ago.

What is the year and model? Is this a rwd, awd, 4wd? I assume automatic trasnmission but do you know which one?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
08 g2500 2wd 4l80e auto
Expert:  Mike S. replied 1 year ago.

It appears to me the shorter bolt is the one with the sealer and the longer is the one using a washer.

The two #9 at the bottom of this page, http://www.wholesalegmpartsonline.com/showAssembly.aspx?ukey_assembly=372182&ukey_make=1024&ukey_model=20287&modelYear=2007&searchString=BOLT Engine Flywheel

M11X1.5X23.5 W/SEALER and the other is M11X1.5X28 with the washer.

I believe it boils down to whether or not there was or is a spacer and I think the spacer is used with an automatic transmission most likely because a flexplate is thiner than a flywheel for a manual transmission so the one with the sealer should be the correct bolt.