GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

07 chevy uplander now not starting 3 days after a remote

Customer Question

07 chevy uplander now not starting 3 days after a remote starter install
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: had a remote starter installed by a professional auto shop on Monday of this week, been working just fine, drove it dozens of times since. yesterday after starting and stopping etc. throughout the day, started with the remote start, came out to go to store, vehicle was off. Figured it was idling for more than 10 min. Went to re-start it, cranks then starts for a second, then shuts down.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Chevy Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Chevy
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the fuel supply is getting shut off after an initial start, you can her the pump running with key on engine off, and after cranking, runs and primes again. currently have the key in ignition lock cylinder in the "on" position with drivers side door ajar. Waiting for 20min. then going to try and start it again.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
HELLLLLOOOOO???????
Expert:  Tool Hut replied 1 year ago.

Hi, My Name is ***** ***** for posting your question to just answer. I am a independent contractor for just answer, and ASE Certified Master Auto Technician with 20 years experience. I am confident we can resolve your problem together.Please remember I don't know your skill level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies to get to a satisfactory resolution.There will probably be some equipment needed for a proper diagnosis. If you are not comfortable with this or do not have any test equipment please let me know ASAP. I also try to give all of the information you may need expecting a positive rating. I am not compensated for my time until you leave a positive rating. Your rating should be based on the service you received.

Do you have a solid security light on dash with the key on? It may look like a lock

Expert:  Tim's Auto Repair replied 1 year ago.

Hi, My name is ***** ***** for the delay.

I will do my best to assist you

does the security light stay on?