Juan Crespo
Juan Crespo, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  A.S.E. Master Technician, Advanced Level, Emissions - Asian, Domestic, & European
19298667

I have a 2004 2500HD that first lost backup lights, then

Customer Question

I have a 2004 2500HD that first lost backup lights, then daytime running lights, PRNDL indicator, tow haul function, and the trans temp gauge stopped working. I have researched it and believe it is due to my class2 serial wiring but can't seem to figure it out. The truck has a P0700 TCM trouble code
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Juan Crespo replied 9 months ago.

Welcome, my name is***** am a verified expert automobile technician. I, and all others like me are neither employees nor agents of Just Answer. We are independent service providers using the Site to sell our Expert knowledge to customers. I strive to provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service, please let me know what you need from me so you’re pleased with my efforts and reward me with a Positive Rating.

Yes, there seems to be a problem with the wiring between the TCM and the Allison (code P0700 is just a request to turn on the MIL). Other than plugging in a TechII to see what's going on with the specific signals, you could disconnect both ends of the harness and give them a thorough looking over, specially the one at the Allison. Make sure everything is clean and tight - no loose or bent pins, no corrosion or dirt. While you are at it, do the same with the PRNDL switch connector - back-ups and gear indicator depend on this one. Other than that, I strongly recommend plugging in a TechII before we start replacing any components.

Please let me know if that helps.

Best Regards.