Mike S.
Mike S., Chevy Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Certified Master Technician
20625509

I'm ric My heater, ac, defrost controls went out (no power)

Customer Question

hi pearl, I'm ric My heater, ac, defrost controls went out (no power) help
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Chevy. The Chevy Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: The unit worked fine last night on my way home from work, but this morning while driving to work I noticed no power to the heater control unit at all
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: if it isn't complicated, I'm 63 yrs old so I'm not agile anymore
JA: Is there anything else the Chevy Mechanic should be aware of about your Chevy?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chevy Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Mike S. replied 1 year ago.

Have you checked the fuse/s? Let me know the year, model and engine and I'll see if I can locate a wiring diagram of which fuse/s to check.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
not yet, 2009 chevy impala ls w/ flexfuel 3500v6
Expert:  Mike S. replied 1 year ago.

In the under hood fuse block on the right side of the engine compartment check the "batt 4" fuse and the "display" fuse.