John, ASE Master Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Master Technician, ASE Certified Service Consultant, 22 years professional experience
19563796

I have fuel at the fuel rail but not coming out of injectors

Customer Question

Category: Chevy
Expert:  John replied 9 months ago.

sounds like the injectors are not getting a signal to turn on. First check the pink wire at the injectors. This wire should have battery voltage. The ground is controlled by the engine computer. If there is battery voltage on the pink wire then likely the engine computer. The most common cause for this missing signal is a faulty crankshaft position sensor. Check the crankshaft position sensor for damaged or broken wires near the connector and check the sensor itself for visible damage. The sensor can fail without having any visible problems but to check it further would require a lab scope. Other less likely things to check would be power and connections at the mass air flow sensor, the map sensor and the throttle position sensor. These sensors should have 5 volts. Let me know what you find and I am happy to continue assisting you if this does not fix the problem.