Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  14 years GM dealer Technician.
14928985

Cam, I ended up taking my car to the dealership to get

Customer Question

Hey cam, I ended up taking my car to the dealership to get recalibrated due to the battery being disconnected and losing all calibrations. Add the oil pump changed and it was disconnected for about 4-5 days. To the point where it reset the hours on my cluster. Explain to them my situation and that I needed the vehicle recalibrated back to the way it was during the last visit the car was at the shop. He responded with no problem. When I left the idle reset and Craig relearn was done nothing else. I called him the following day and he insisted that it was done while the whole time knowing it wasn't done. Not saying that all service writers or bad at all but this guy told me about five or six stories from the time I met him. I went there the next day after he agreed again to follow up and do what I said I needed done. I drove home and saw some basic stuff that was done. I had a history of the updates the vehicle had prior to the repairs. I'm seeing stuff that I'm reading up on that I'm not sure needs to be done still. Some kind of calibration was off or is off due to a noise on deceleration from 8 to four cylinder mode. Does the speedometer need to be recalibrated? Does the TCU need to be recalibrated? What are the important updates the vehicle needs to operate without getting damaged any further. Does it still think its on stock 17 inch tires when it has 20 inch tires? I'm also seeing a button that says do it Crack re learn after a ECU calibration. It's been a struggle trying to get this done. My car was running so bad I disconnected the oil pressure sending unit to make it run perfect.
I knew that would prevent it going into four-cylinder mode. Any insight would be helpful. Thank you.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If you can I would speak with the service manager or general manager of the dealer to see if they can have your vehicle double checked to make sure the programming and calibrations had been done.If they find that these were not done properly then they can usually push this along to get done properly.If this is not an option here or was already checked into let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete