Eddie
Eddie, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  I have 20 years professional experience in advanced engine controls and transmission rebuilding.
29534642

My 98 corvette squeals under the hood when I t the gas, but

Customer Question

My 98 corvette squeals under the hood when I hit the gas, but is okay when it's just running
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Eddie replied 9 months ago.

Hello Eddie here and I will do all I can to help. usually this is either caused by a weak drive belt tensioner, or a worn out serpentine belt. or a combination of both, If it only squeals when you hit the gas, that is usually caused by something slipping and not spinning with the drive belt like it should. I would pull the serpentine drive belt off, feel all the pulleys just to double check that nothing feels hard to turn, or anything feels like any bearings are failing, if all your accessory pulleys feel fine, then I would put a new serpentine belt on it to start with, and if that didn't fix it, I would put a new drive belt tensioner on it next and that should fix it. Let me know if you have any further questions. Thank you.

Expert:  Eddie replied 9 months ago.

Let me know if you have any further questions.