Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

I have a 2003 duramax the range shift inhibited light came

Customer Question

I have a 2003 duramax the range shift inhibited light came on last friday
Category: Chevy
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I changed the nsbu switch that didn't work so then I changed the pigtail plugs (7 way) and (4 way) tonight and spliced them together and there was no issues or lights that came on. I got home and my pickup was running out side and I went to get in it to run to town and the range inhibited light was on again and the selctor line under PRND321 was out..
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 11 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). Experts aren't employees / agents of Just Answer. We are independent service providers using the Site to sell their Expert knowledge to Customers. I strive to provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service, let me know what's needed from me so your pleased.

Is this causing any running issues or storing any codes?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Before I changed the pigtails it would not shift past 3rd gear. It shifted great lastnight after changing them. I got in town and it said range inhibited and I didn't notice anything other then the hash mark under the PRND321. Before it threw a P0700

The p0700 code means your scan tool is not sophisticated enough to retrieve the transmission codes from the module. This code just tells you there are codes stored in other modules. So you may need a better tool to find out which codes are stored. Codes would help us get this diagnosed easier and faster.

At this time it looks like the best choice is to OHM test all these wires you messed with from the switch to the module while both are unplugged. OHM test from each end of the wires while wiggling them to check for resistance, OHM test them to each other while wiggling to check for continuity and OHM test each to power and ground while wiggling them to see if there is continuity.

Thanks for asking your question and letting me try to help you.

If your confused on why or how to rate me, let me know.

I'm only paid from the deposit you've made when you rate 3,4, or 5 stars.

Follow up/Reply as many times as needed before or after rating.

I like to stay in contact with my customers. I assume you were not pleased with me or my answer since you did not rate it leaving me feedback. Just so you know we can still work on this issue. We can pick up where we left off or start over. I hate you paid all that money for your question deposit and have left not satisfied. Would any diagrams or repair guides or a phone call help?.

Thanks Chris