Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years experience with ASE Certs
7276279

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 1500. The passenger side power

Customer Question

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 1500. The passenger side power window has been slow to go up and the motor finally went. Put in a new motor and still will not go up without help. lubricated the tracks, checked for bent tracks etc. Cannot see and there is no adjustment for the tracks or the glass.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If the motor is slow to respond start first with checking the voltage at the window motor when trying to raise and lower it to make sure the motor is getting full battery voltage. If the voltage is low it can affect the power the motor needs to move the glass. Check this and let me know what you find and we can work from there.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hello. It is getting full voltage at 12.2 VDC

with engine running. The window runs at full speed until about half way up and then sticks and goes very slow until the thermal cutout stops the motor

Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

If you remove the motor are you able to easily move the window up and down with no binding?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Have not tried that. I will try and reply.

Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Give this a try and if it still binds then the problem is likely with the channel. One thing you can try as well is to take some silicon spray and spray the track on both side of the glass where it comes up into the door and work the glass up and down a little and see if this will help.