Clayso
Clayso, Master Automobile Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certified Automobile Technician. 30 Years Experience.
77147243

96 chevy suburban 2500 was running fine except fuel leak, I

Customer Question

96 chevy suburban 2500 was running fine except for a fuel leak, I replaced the fuel line that was leaking near the fuel pump and since I was at it I also replaced the fuel pump with a new one. The old fuel pump worked fine but I had the gas tank already dropped so I replaced the pump. However, after having everything hooked up and back together the new fuel pump is not kicking on and the truck wont start
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: su sure what would you like to know
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Chevy Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Clayso replied 10 months ago.

Hi There, I'm Clay a certified master automobile technician with 30 years of automotive repair and diagnostic experience.

From your description I would first suspect the fuel pump. I've had my share of defective parts over the years. If you had to replace the electrical connector(s) let me know along with the engine size. Typically the gray wire is power and the black/white is ground.

I hope this information is helpful. If you have any questions or run into any problems let me know.

Kindly rate my assistance in a positive manner so I may have credit for helping you.
Positive ratings are greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

Expert:  Clayso replied 10 months ago.

If there is no power at the pump make sure the 20 amp ECM B fuse in the under hood fuse-relay center is hot at all times, also check and see if the fuel pump relay is energizing during cranking.

Let me know what all you find

Thanks.