Randall C
Randall C, ASE Master Tech
Experience:  ASE Master, L1, 32 years, Diagnostic / Electrical Specialist
13677702

My 2004 chevy silverado has windshield wiper problems.

Customer Question

My 2004 chevy silverado has windshield wiper problems. started not working would slow down then stop. Now it will only work in fast position but only for a few seconds then it stops. I've replaced the pulse board, but that didn't correct the problem. what else should I check?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I just replaced the pulse thing on the windshield wiper motor. It worked only on the fast setting at first, then when I tried it on the intermediate settings it wouldn't work, then when I tried the fast setting it didn't work at all.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Chevy Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Randall C replied 1 year ago.

Hello, since you changed the wiper control module, and going by symptoms and ... if you can remote jump the black wire going to the motor to anothet ground just to be sure not a ground problem, kind of doubt it but, always worth doing a remote ground just in case, If it still will not operate properly, I have to say you likely have a bad wiper switch, Built into the switch is a series of resistors, If one goes bad, it will try to bypass the remaining ones, then maybe work on high till the final resistor fials and you could lose wipers all at once, I feel the switch is bad, Thee is no relay and only the one fuse persay and this would not be a fuse problemI can send wiring diagrams if you can read them and want to try to follow and work from them, your call but I feel the switch is bad