Lou P.
Lou P., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  building and driving chevy's since i was in the womb!!!! camaro and corvette enthusiest, access to factory diagrams and tsb's
27644750

My name is ***** ***** and I have a 2007 Tahoe. This morning

Customer Question

My name is ***** ***** and I have a 2007 Tahoe. This morning for the following items were not working in the dashboard. The speedometer would not move. The Tach stayed on one even I rev'd my enginw while in park. My temp gauge did not move, when I signaled the lights did not appear on the dash. Could this be a code issue or a blown fuse?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: My seatbelt light stayed and I had my seatbelt on. And the airbag light flashed. I drove it to work - turned the car off and then back on and it was the same.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Chevy Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Lou P. replied 10 months ago.

hello, when a issue like this occurs you are having 1 of two issues, 1- the dash has failed and is not responding to inputs, or 2- the serial data system has a issue and no signals are being transmitted., either way the codes need read with a scan tool that does more than read obd check engine light codes. the dash cluster is common to fail,. but its always good to have a diagnostic done so we are not guessing at the issue. Lou

Expert:  Lou P. replied 10 months ago.

I have taken my time to answer your question the best i could and i will continue to help if you need follow up information , all i ask is that you PLEASE take a second to rate my service so i may recieve my credit for assisting you. Thank you.