GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

Names ***** *****. I changed my ijectors in a 2001 gmc lb7

Customer Question

Names ***** *****. I changed my ijectors in a 2001 gmc lb7 now it won't start, no codes , holds pressure
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Cranks good , holds prime , got fuel to the rail , just won't start
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Chevy Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  GM Tech (Cam) replied 1 year ago.

Hi there, I am Cam.
Can I get your first name please?
I am not sure if you have used our service before or not. The experts here are third party contractors. Myself, I am a GM technician in a Gm dealership. I will be happy to help you. Please understand that my only compensation for the time spent helping you is by your rating of my service in a positive way. The more information you provide, the better the chances of getting your issue resolved. Also please reply if you have any followup questions.
So about your vehicle,

Find the 2 fuel lines on the rear drivers side valve cover. Take the smaller one off and attach your hose to the metal pipe coming from the engine. Put the other end into the container and crank the engine to fill that line. out the container and keep the line full. Crank the engine for 15 seconds fully and measure the amount of fuel that comes out of that line. Can you tell me how much fuel comes out. We want to see less than 24cc. My concern is the injectors, even though reman, may still be bad. Not all rebuilt injectors are the same.